Thursday, August 27, 2015

Lisa - Time Machine layout & mini album

Good morning! Today I have a couple of things to share with you: a layout, and a mini album, both made using another of Kaisercraft's August ranges - Time Machine. Featuring lots of clocks, cogs & strong, dark colours, it's slightly steampunkish (which I love) and is a lot of fun to create with.

First up: a layout. I started with a base of chocolate-coloured cardstock with an appearance to it that resembles something a little like leather. The background papers were chosen for their great textural patterns-- Ironclad and Gadget. I decided to use other elements that added even more texture into the mix, such as the piece of hessian on the right, the cardboard cogs (coloured with Tim Holtz stains in various colours and then edged with black ink for dimension), pieces of stained & crumpled paper, wood veneer, stitching, as well as touches of gold, both smooth and glittery. Even my photograph has a mix of textures in it: the denim of my jeans, the leather of my boots, and the worn grain of the gorgeous wooden floorboards.


Combined, I think everything makes a great mix, and shows just how versatile this collection is. A closer shot of the the embellishment cluster is below:


My second project is a mini album, made from an old children's board book. I have to give some credit to my sister here, because she gave me the book, the pages of which she'd prepared with a variety of inks and paints, ready for a project she was planning that never eventuated. When I decided to make a mini album with this range, I remembered the book, and dug it out. ( A miracle in itself, because my studio is sometimes a black hole into which things mysteriously vanish, never to be seen again. ha!)

I added a range of papers from the collection to the covers and inside pages, covering the spine with some adhesive fabric tape that I have had for years -- possibly from Gypsy Road, though I'm not 100% sure. Like I said, YEARS. ;)  I also added a quote from the Gadget paper (the flip side, this time) to the front cover, mounting it on some metallic sticker paper and adding tiny metal brads to each corner.



On the inside pages, I adhered a selection of little "houses" which I made using a variety of papers from the range, along with other bits and pieces from my stash. (Numbers, photographic elements from the internet, stickers, and washi tape.) The houses vary in design, and are one of my favourite things to make. They're a little like ATC trading cards, without the restriction of having to be a standard size. I've made and swapped them with an artist friend in Canada before, which was a lot of fun. :)

Below are some closer detail shots of the inside pages:





And that's it! :) The Time Machine range is proving to be popular, and I can understand why-- I love it! You can find it online here

As always, thanks so much for looking, and I will see you again soon!

Cheers,
 Lisa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment