Monday, June 29, 2015

Lisa - Back to Basics layout

Good morning! Today I'm sharing a layout made with Kaisercraft's Back to Basics line, which -- as it says-- is a range of products designed as a basic springboard for all kinds of craft projects. I decided to use my selection as the starting point for a layout.

I chose a piece of chocolate brown cardstock as my base, then layered a sheet of the orange damask paper (using the script side) on top. I added some dimension in the form of texture paste and a Tim Holtz stencil, along with random smears and splodges (such highly technical terms, I know!) of gold Tim Holtz distress stain ink.


Once everything had dried, I added a couple of the 6x4 Captured Moments cards (one "Life is Good", one grid-patterned) and a black and white photo of my husband and I pulling silly faces (our superpower, apparently.) The rest of the layout is made up of bits and pieces from my stash, including kraft tags, washi tape, and random embellishments that tone in with the colours of the Back to Basics paper I used.



A couple of detail shots:


And that's it! Back to Basics is ideal for all kinds of projects, and can be found here.

Thanks for looking, and I will see you again soon. :)

Cheers,
 Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment