Saturday, January 3, 2015

Lisa - Blue Bay layout

Hello and Happy New Year! I hope everyone has had a safe and happy start to 2015, and that this year brings nothing but happiness. :) I admit I'm still pretty much in holiday mode, which pretty much translates to the simple fact that most of the time I have no idea whatsoever what day it is-- only that it's sunny and warm and life is good.

So, just a quick post today, featuring a layout I made using one of Kaisercraft's latest releases: the lovely Blue Bay collection. Such a perfect range for these long, hot summer days, with shades of blue, turquoise and cream.


I used a sheet of white cardstock as my base, and cut out a selection of ornate doors and windows from the Sky Blue sheet, mixing in three of the Collectables-- also choosing doors and windows. You'll see why in a moment...


Using a craft knife, I carefully cut along the top, bottom and middle sections, leaving a small frame around the outside-- basically creating windows and doors that "open". To the back of these, I attached three photos, cut to size to fit. These can be glimpsed when the three little windows/doors are opened. :)


I added these three photo windows randomly amongst the doors and windows cut from the plain paper, leaving them half-opened to give a glimpse of the photo beyond.


To finish off the page, I added a couple of ornate paper borders from the small paper pad, along with a tag from the Collectables. A brad to attach the tag and a little wooden veneer heart, and that's it-- done! Simple and probably one of my favourite layouts to date. :)

Blue Bay currently has 20% off if you buy the full collection, so check it out soon for all those fabulous summer holiday snaps!

As always, thanks so much for looking, and I'll see you again soon. :)

Cheers,
 Lisa

3 comments: