Friday, November 14, 2014

Beverley - Week One Plain and & Simple Christmas Cards

Hi Beverley here today with some plain and simple Christmas cards to inspire you. Hope you are all enjoying the countdown - I can't believe Christmas is next month!  I have made four simple cards - three using the Kaisercraft North Pole Collection and another more generic one.


The first card on the far left I created by rounding the corners of the card with my corner rounder. The next step was sprinkling Heidi Swapp Colour Shine mist by removing the spray unit then gently tapping the tube part. You could use any mist or spray to create this effect.

I then cut the heart from the Silver Bells Foil Paper and layered it on some black cardstock. After attaching a loop of thin silver ribbon I stuck the heart on the card with pop dots. The flower has a bit of the ribbon on with a bling centre. Final touch was the sentiment from the North Pole Collectables set. Here is a closeup view of the card.


The card centre left is a non traditional card very feminine and easy to create.  It is also easily modified to a non Christmas card as well. I created a green mat for the card and then added the doily. Some flowers and a leaf in a bunch tied with a ribbon topped with the sentiment from the Mistletoe collection by Kaisercraft almost finish the card. I then created some dots with glossy accents to complete the card.


The card on the centre right was created using the Elves paper and cutout sentiment a card from the Peppermint Swirl Kaisercraft Captured Moments card pack. The base of the card has been punched with a Martha Stewart punch.  I have finished off the card with some bling   and a piece of snowflake ribbon.


The last card on the right is my favourite of the four - love the "country" look of it. The embellishment are North Pole Collectables   attached with foam dots along with a bit of bakers twine.
The Mat of the card is using the Sweater paper in the North pole collection.


I hope you enjoyed my post today - there is still lots of inspiration in the next few weeks so see you soon!


2 comments:

  1. Love your cards ... especially the one with the doily on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards. I like that the sayings could be swapped out with non Christmas sayings (double duty!)

    ReplyDelete