Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Melissa - Kaisercraft Art of Life

Good morning, its Melissa here with a couple of layouts that I made with Kaisercraft's new Art of Life Collection.  This collection is described as alluring and reflective, with neutral colouring and a strong yesteryear presence. 

For my first layout I went through all my coloured cardstock and selected a dark red background, and chose to scrap these older photos of Sam reading to Azaria when she was a baby.  I love that fellow Design Team member Michelle also chose red as her background, and both of us scrapped our layouts without knowing this!




I love the transparent frames that come with the collection, and I cut one in half to both use as a layer, and to feature as the title of my layout.  I also love the map and text print papers, and of course the die cut pieces.

For my second layout I wanted to embrace the neutral feel of the collection, and selected an Instagram photo that I took while mountain biking on our camping trip last summer.  I knew this photo would work well with the vintage feel of the collection, based on the Instagram filter I had used.  I chose a kraft cardstock background, and then just started layering elements in a horizontal line. I cut out the small elements at the top of the page from the 6x6 paper pad, sewed them through the middle, and then lifted up the edges.




The die cuts in this collection are super cute, I especially love the butterflies!

Although this collection is not my usual bright go-to style, I love the vintage elements and I'm really happy with how both layouts turned out.

Thanks for looking.  You can purchase Art of Life from the shop here.

Have a great Tuesday.
Melissa x

No comments:

Post a Comment