Monday, November 11, 2013

Melissa - Misting Fun with Heidi Swapp

Hi everyone!  Hope you had an awesome weekend!  We've all been having a great time with Heidi Swapp products this month, and I got to play with some of the lovely Mixed Company Range.  I used the new Colour Shine Mists on some of the paper magic paper goods, and taught myself the correct technique by watching a Utube video by Heidi herself.  The trick is to shake them a lot so that the mist is completely mixed, spray the element, then wipe with a paper towel to reveal the pattern.  So much fun!

For my first layout I was inspired by the lovely mint papers, and splattered some Seafoam Colour Shine.  This is an older photo of my daughter (now 4).  I'm having a third baby in April next year so I've been making an effort to scrap some of my older photos!


And a close up.  The banner is from the Banner Delights Glittered Banners, and is completely pre-made and coloured.


My second layout is of my daughter playing with her Granddad, they always have such a great time!  For this layout I started by mixing some of my mists (not colourshine), and applied them with a plastic bag to get an intense water colour effect (technique taught by Janna Werner).  I wanted to keep this layout light and airy, so I misted all of my elements with Coral Colour Shine, trimmed the 6 x 6 patterned papers into strips, and cut up a glassine bag to layer behind my photo.  A piece of the banner, some of the clear ephemera, and glitter epoxy stickers and buzz words, and I was done.


A close up of the misting detail on the butterfly:


Thanks for looking!  You can purchase the Mixed Company Range in the shop here and Colour Shine Mists here.

Have a fabulous week!
Melissa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment