Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Nichole - Scraproom Tour

Hi everyone, it's Nichole here!  I have an exciting post for you.  April's theme is Home is where the Heart Is - and it wouldn't be home these days without my craft room! 
I have a sneek peek into my craft room.  This space is constantly getting new things in, being re-arranged a bit.

These photos came after a large cleanup/tidyup at the beginning in February.  My friend Sally (a librarian) helped me over a week in February cataloging, labeling, and organising items into groups (thank you Sally!)


This is the entire room as seen from the door - not pictured is off to the right is my PC area.  My PC is my "home office" area and doesn't contain much crafting (other than my typewriter).  My laptop stays on the laptop trolley near my desk.


This is my desk - which is constantly a mess.  I clean it up - only to mess it up a few moments later doing something else.  A clean desk is an idle desk!  A messy desk is vibrant, full of life, and can inspire another project while you're already working on one.

The desk itself is an old architectural drafting desk that I scooped up from Trademe - it can be used either seated in a drafting chair or standing.

On either side are ladder shelves that house embellishments, some tools, plain cardstock, markers, and washi tape.  Directly beside my chair is my tool trolley.


This is my ink/tool trolley.  I have a smaller tool carousel on my desk - but for ink, adhesives, Twinkling H2O's and other things you need on hand, this is where they live.



My stamp collection is growing significantly.  My favorite way to store stamps is in blank CD cases. Currently all my stamps are labeled by the Manufacturer and Name of Collection.  The vellum sheet it came with is stored in a binder and named exactly the same.  I have plans on organising them alphabetically by manufacturer.  This would be a weekend project for me!


This is where my scanners and printers live! Yes multiple, I tend to hold onto things.  All of my twine and buttons are stored in small glass jars.  My Silhouette cameo lives on this shelf, and when in use it's on the edge of my desk to allow the paper to move back and forth freely.


This area is my Cardstock/Washi/and Patterned Paper Collection area.  These ladder shelves were from Warehouse Stationery, and white cubes were from The Warehouse.  The cubes are ziptied together for extra support for heavy stacks of paper.


Lastly, I have my Washi Tape Collection.  I started collecting Washi tape to decorate envelopes even before I started crafting.  I guess this Washi tape collection really was the start of my collecting crafty tapes.  This "Washi Tree" is a central post with arms to hold the washi tapes - kind of like a mug tree for the kitchen.  I purchased this from Trademe and painted it using Acrylic White and Teal paint.

Having an entire room of your house for your crafting addiction isn't necessary - but if you have even just a little bit of space you can make it your own haven of creativity.  What really pains me isn't having all this space devoted to crafting - but feeling guilty when I'm not using it!

Thanks for reading! 

Let me know if you have any questions or comments about my room or the tools that I use.

No comments:

Post a Comment