Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Jo - Scrapbooking - Autumn Metal


Hi everyone, since the theme for Artfull Crafts is Autumn I thought I would show you a way to make a autumn page with out any autumn paper.  This is a layout I originally did for Twiddleybitz in Australia, and I have already had this on my own blog Imagine If... so if you are a follower of my blog, you will have seen it before.   

For this layout I used metal strips, and autumn photos I had of my daughter Sam when she was little.


 This page was created using metal that I coloured coppers, browns and oranges.  I embossed the sheets of metal in the cuttlebug, and then coloured using alcohol inks, then cut them into strips and placed them around the page, keeping a fairly straight forward pattern.

From here I coloured a Twiddleybitz frame with glimmer glaze, and glimmer glam.  The frame which is 6x6 was adhered to a piece of card stock which I cut in half, and then folded in half again, I then used gaffer tape to adhere another piece of card, which gave me more pages, and then I decorated with a piece of old Bobunny  paper that I have been saving for this project. I decided three pages was enough, and ended up cutting the final piece of card off, and making a small photo tag on top of the final photo.  


This way I managed to get 4 photos onto the page.  I added a tag with the word autumn to pull the pages open.  I then coloured muslin with glimmer mist for a sort of ribbon embellishment, and then added some Angelina leaves which I cut using sizzix tattered leaves die, also some acetate coloured with alcohol inks and die cut.  I added prima roses, and some paper leaves and finally some bling to finish the page off.       

 Can you see the leaf at the top of the picture with the pearls on it, this is a Twiddleybitz maple leaf, which I covered with Gesso and allowed to dry.  I layered one of the other leaves in the packet over the top, which gave me a great imprint on the leaf, when it was dry I covered it with alcohol ink in various autumn colours.
As you can see they look pretty realistic.  I only used a few pieces on this project, I also made a card, and you will see that tomorrow.

I hope you enjoyed this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment