Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Sandy - Loyal Pocket Mini Album


Sandy posting my mini-album. It is inspired by Becky Higgins' Project Life style of scrapbooking  where photos are slipped into page protectors and paired with journal cards.


My album consists of four pockets, two on the front and two in the back. Each polaroid format photo is printed out with a caption on top. Journalling about the where and when is captured on the back.



Loyal is filled with versatile patterns like checks, circles, argyle and paisley which will work well on many types of projects, including this UK vacation mini-album I created with photos of my cousin's boy.



The finished album measures 6"x 3 3/4". I used Kraft cardstock to create the basic structure of the pockets. Then covered them with various patterned papers from a 6"x6" paper pad.


The two pockets allowed me to vary my photo sizes. A photo with clear subject-focus and simple background like this, I put into the smaller pocket.   



One with strong side-lighting, a lot happening in the foreground and background, I chose to print larger to go into the top pocket. 



I let the geometric patterns of Loyal do most of the work on this project and was rewarded with a mini-album that allowed the photos to be the main focus. Sometimes simple is better.


Authentique Supplies : Loyal (6"x6" bundle, elements stickers, details stickers) Celebrate (6"x6" bundle, elements stickers, details stickers)
Others : Kaisercraft Rhinestones black starBazzill Cardstock Helsinki, We R Memory Keepers Baker's Twine Neutral, Dymo embossing label
 

1 comment:

  1. Sandy is so awesome...Totally love her amazing creations..

    ReplyDelete