Thursday, February 23, 2012

Lisa with some Cosmo Cricket Love....

Hi Everyone. Lisa here. As we are focusing on LOVE this month I thought I would pull out some papers and bits & pieces that I love & see what I could come up with.
I love Cosmo Cricket, so I tend to buy bits & pieces of ranges then never get around to doing anything with them!
The range I have used today is 'Odds & Ends' which is probably a fave of mine. I have also used some paper from the 'Upcycle' range.



I got this cute frame that comes with it's own stand from Ikea. They are only $1.99(AUD) and are a great to decorate to become a feature. This particular one is for my craft room. it sits on my new shelving nicely :)


 

This is what the unpackaged frame looks like. It's basically a blank canvas to work with. Oh the ideas I have in my head for these frames! The frames have a clear plastic insert that slides out, you would normally sit your photo in here. I just glued my paper of choice to the insert & trimmed and sanded the edges.

Then it's time to decorate! I made a little banner/bunting & added inked chipboard alpha (from J.T. Laser cuts) to spell out the word...Love. I attached the banner to some string & some brads from my stash. I wanted to keep the decorating simple but stylish so a pretty doily & a red heart sparklet by Kaisercraft to finish it off.

The really fun thing about this frame is that it is double sided! So turn it around & decorate it as you please. I can turn it around depending on my mood...love it!



 
So, for this side of the frame I used the pretty floral paper from the range, added another doily, a shape cut using the Spellbinders Nestabilities die 'labels one'. A sweet journal tag cut from the paper pack. A sweet little chipboard bird & some buttons & string from my stash.

While I had the bits and pieces out I thought I'd have a play with a new die I recently purchased. It is so cute, it is made by Quickutz & they are little file folders. I think they make gorgeous little journalling or gift tags.



I cut the folders using a cream/buff card stock to make them look a little more like manilla folders. I inked the edges for definition then decorated away with some of my favourite things: twine, clips, mini pegs, bling, brads, dymo labels & tape.
I added some patterned paper as a base which could be attached to a gift, card or page etc.
  

The idea is to undo the clip or peg etc to reveal a little private note, arent they just the cutest things!

Thanks for your comments we really appreciate them.

Have a great day!

Lisa

4 comments:

  1. Wow - what super fabulous work! I love the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fantastic little folders, especially the index tab edges

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little folders are great, love that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, Love the file folders. Great way to leave little notes around the house for everyone and for journalling.Liz P

    ReplyDelete