Friday, November 11, 2011

Betsy - week 2, Christmas Countdown

Hello everyone - Betsy here.
If you are checking the blog for lay-outs today, I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed. I'm not a lay-out person,  ( only in the mornings!!), but I hope what I have to offer will suffice and encourage you to use some of the lovely papers that are available at Artfull Crafts.
Firstly, a couple of cards I have made with My Minds Eye, Lost and Found Christmas range.These are very simple cards as the paper speaks for itself - don't think I even have to do a tutorial! ( can't compete with Lisa, so won't even try!) Wasn't her previous blog post fabulous and the explosion box gorgeous?



Let's pretend the second card is a photo gift, as you could just add an appropriate photo in place of my vintage image. Must apoligise for my photography, for some unknown reason I couldn't transfer to Picasa to crop the photos.




Now, I really branched out and made a Christmas wreath using the Prima, North Country collection and Tim Holtz Rosettes Die. I know it's not a photo gift, but we don't have to be precise in our interpretation!! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
I cut out a circle of firmish card and using a glue gun adhered the rosettes to the circle. Very simple and I do enjoy making these rosettes, in fact so much so that I didn't get off to bed 'til after midnight - no 'lay-out' this morning either!!





Well ladies, that's about all from me today. It takes me so long to do these posts but do hope you think it is all worthwhile! We have a very busy weekend here in Geraldine, as it is the Arts and Plants festival. Our little town has really come to life, people everywhere. Our patchwork group have a wonderful display of quilts that have been made this year - it is lovely to belong to such a great group of ladies and to see all the amazing work. As well as paper, fabric is another addiction of mine - love them both equally! With many blessings to you all,  Betsy.


7 comments:

  1. Absolutely splendid wreath Betsy ! I'm not much of a layout person either LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards. Love those bows. Mine never seem to look like that. Perhaps a "bow tutorial" would come in useful ???????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous Betsy! Those cards are lovely and a great idea using the rosettes to make a wreath. Have a great time at the Arts & Plants - I am missing out this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wreath is absolutely stunning, just love it. Oh how I wish I had the Tim Holtz Rosettes Die

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards & wreath Betsy- what a great idea for the rosettes! I love that MME paper I happen to have some in my stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes I do love that My Mind's Eye collection... Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards Betsy - that top one might just be my most favorite card I have ever seen!!
    Your wreath looks amazing too - I am totally stealing that idea!
    Lowri :-)

    ReplyDelete