Thursday, October 6, 2011

Lisa with some Cards & Note card set - using Kaisercrafts' Miss Nelly....

Hi Everyone. Lisa here. Today I have some shares for all you card lovers out there.
Kaisercrafts "Miss Nelly" is such a gorgeous versatile range. In my previous posts where I have used Miss Nelly, I have concentrated on the Pinks in the range. Today, I have focused more on the reds, blues & greens.

  


For my first card, I cut a solid strip of patterned paper from the 6 1/2 inch paper pad. I backed this with a wider strip of red paper which I also cut from the pad and punched the edges with my favourite  MS Punch 'doily lace'. I pleated a doily then adhered it to the back of the a die cut circle from the pad. I added a mini paper bloom to add dimension. I stamped a sentiment on another die cut from the pad & mounted it with dimensional tape to balance it all out. A few pretty pearls & pins and the card is complete.





My second card up today I have used a piece from the 12inch patterned paper 'Her Habits' I replicated the floral image in part by using a sticker from the sticker sheet. I then created further dimension by adding leaves (mulberry paper) and some mini paper blooms. This 3 layered effect creates a lot of depth & dimension with out being too bulky. I mounted a sentiment sticker on a co-ordinating piece of paper & then mounted this on foam tape to balance all of the embellishments.





With lots of leftover scraps I decided to make some mini note cards. A lady I work with was telling me recently that she had searched the shops high & low for a small gift card. Apparently really hard to find. So that inspired me to make some...I like all things cute! I made a sweet little set of 4 cards concentrating mainly on the blues & greens in the range. My cards measure 3x4 inches. You can get 6 this size from a 12x12 sheet of card. Add some punches, flowers pins & string and your done.

 






When you have a cute little set of cards, you will need something to put them in...especially if you are giving them as a gift. I made a little holder using card stock & some scraps from the paper pad & the sticker sheet.

I cut a strip from a 12inch piece of a card stock. Cut to width approx 1 1/2 wider than the cards (mine measures 4 1/2 inches wide). Score at intervals to fit the cards whilst leaving enough card stock to bring back over the front to create a closing flap.

 

  

Here is an inside view and a side view of the box. To make the side pieces you will need to cut 2 additional strips of card stock the height of the sides of the box (the width will depend on your final side width opening) but in this case I went with 3 inches. Score these pieces width ways at 1/2 inch intervals to create a concertina effect -I used the Martha Stewart scoring board to do this.You can pleat by hand scoring, you just get a much neater & far more precise end result using the MS board, if you haven't seen this, you must check it out!
I punched some holes in the top of the box to add some ribbon to create a handle. I also added some magnetic tape to both sides of the lid opening - I have used velcro dots previously which also works well.

So next time you are making a set of cards as a gift, why not make a box to match.

Thanks for looking, have a great day.

Lisa

6 comments:

  1. I really love these cards. You are a genius. I am so gonna copy that we concertina box thingy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Lisa - I LOVE that card box too!! You might just HAVE to show is all exactly how you made it over the Christmas Countdown hint hint!!
    lowri :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous Lisa, love those papers. Really like your card box!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat! Great ideas. Got to love that range!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful set! Love the gift box idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so beautiful and elegant those cards

    ReplyDelete