Thursday, July 14, 2011

Echo Park Frame (For the Record)

Hi Everyone - Lowri here

I have had this wonderful "For the Record" paper from Echo Park for a while now and I finally found a great way to use some of it!  This frame is actually from Scrapware but we have some similar ones from Dusty Attic in the shop here.


I have left the frame blank for a natural feel. I have used mainly the 6x6" smaller pad which I LOVE as it also has double sided papers!


It was easy to measure the small pieces of paper required as I just measured inside each frame and added a 1mm border around each side to ensure they were big enough.


Now, me finding these gorgeous chipboard pieces at SENZ coincided with me finally buying a heat gun. No more tweezers, burnt fingers and fishing stuff out of the toaster for me! As you can see I went a little embossing crazy with making these embellishments, but they are so delicate and tiny that they ended up looking rather cute!


To create the text effect on the trees, I first embossed the piece with a plain colour using Versamark and embossing powders, and then when they were dry I stamped on them again using Versamark, a text stamp (Kaisercraft) and then used a contrasting embossing powder for embossing the text.


I love how this little frame turned out - it's such a fun way to display pictures and paper - without having the daunting task of having to create a 12x12 layout!

Lowri :-)

Let me know if you have any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment