Thursday, June 16, 2011

Lowri - Cosmo Cricket Mini Album

Hi Everyone - Lowri here

I am excited about this project as it was the first one in a while I did purely for fun and - I did it purely for me! It is my entry to the latest Cosmo Cricket Challenge and I am really pleased with how it has turned out.


I created this album from scratch using my Spellbinders Christmas Tree dies, double sided sticky chipboard and papers from Cosmo Cricket's Social Club collection. It's a good idea to take another look at some of your Spellbinders and see if they have any "alternate" uses! I don't have many sets so I like to get the most out of them. I thought these looked like leaves when the tree was upside down!




All of my photos are printed onto canvas. It took a little trial and error but I found out that the best results were from the the plain paper, draft quality settings. I then used my spellbinders to cut the page and backed the canvas with patterned paper for strength.



I found this sentiment sticker on the bottom of my Tiny Type numbers and it was the perfect title for my family album. I love how they are pretty much invisible on an background.

 

These buttons from the Social Club collection co-ordinate perfectly. I have added some string for stems and pearls to the centers to create some flowers



This was really fun to do and I am so happy to finally have made something for myself!

If you have young kids, be sure to check my blog - I have a great idea for making dinosaur fossils!

Lowri :-)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment